The Frontiers in Immunology Research Network (FIRN)
is a USA based entity filed in Massachusetts
Contents: Mission, Board of Trustees, Code of Ethics / Conduct, Policies (Privacy, Media, Exhibitors, Advertisers)
- advises the conference organizers, and serves as the ultimate authority, on all matters that relate to FIRN’s conferences, publications and activities;
- elects members for the Board of Trustees out of nominees submitted by current FIRN Members;
- elects, when the need arises, the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Immunological Studies (FIRN’s journal) out of nominees submitted by the current Members. The elected Editor-in-Chief, in collaboration with the journal’s Editorial Board Members, may design editorial policy and act independently from the Board of Trustees. The Editor-in-Chief may request advice from the Board of Trustees at any time.
- Stuart Berzins, The University of Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.
- Aaron Bertrand (Randy) Brill, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, USA.
- Stephen Cose, University of Bristol, UK.
- Francesca Ferrera, University of Genoa, ITALY.
- Francesco Indiveri, University of Genoa, ITALY.
- Anthony Quinn, University of Toledo, USA.
- Steven J. Theroux, Assumption College, USA.
- Robert T. Woodland, University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA.
CODE OF ETHICS/CONDUCT
FIRN recognizes that its members have a responsibility to act in accordance with recognized ethical norms in their interactions with each other and with external individuals and institutions. Accordingly, it has approved the following code.
CODE OF CONDUCT
(1) As individuals engaged in research:
Members of FIRN accept the following guidelines for their research efforts:
- (a) Any research effort submitted to FIRN shall conform to accepted standards of academic integrity. Originality is expected to the degree that the sources of information and ideas drawn from existing works are to be given full credit.
- (b) Authors are expected to accurately represent all ideas, data, etc., that are either derived from other sources or developed through original research.
- (c) Members are expected to maintain objectivity to the extent that any personal or professional bias is to be clearly set out in the oral or written presentation of any research effort. In the presentation of conclusions, the author must make clear the assumptions on which such conclusions are based. If research is funded by any person or organization, that fact shall be noted.
- (d) Authors and presenters are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of any sources of materials used as research for papers or presentations in FIRN’s conferences. Neither FIRN nor any member of FIRN, other than the author or presenter, bears this responsibility.
(2) As members of a professional organization:
- (a) Members, in their interactions with each other and in the administration of FIRN’s affairs, are expected to behave according to the principles of openness and honesty, honoring commitments among themselves.
- (b) Members engaged in administrative activities such as serving on various committees of FIRN, or in editorial activities, should endeavor to carry out agreed-upon tasks or to formally withdraw from activities that they feel unable to continue.
FIRN is committed to non-discrimination among its members and with respect to application for membership. Evaluation of materials submitted for FIRN’s consideration, such as papers, presentations, and proposals for such, is to be solely on the basis of merit of those materials.
(4) Conflict Resolution
Should conflict arise with respect to any activity of FIRN, the members involved in such a conflict agree to submit their views to an impartial arbiter appointed by the Board of Trustees for resolution. Any party that is dissatisfied with the arbiter’s resolution may either withdraw from the activity from which the conflict arose or request that the activity be reviewed by a panel of members appointed by the Board of Trustees. A determination by such a panel shall be final as far as FIRN is concerned.
FIRN is committed to protecting the privacy of its visitors, members, subscribers, conference participants and associates. The information provided is not sold, rented or shared with any organization or individual.
FIRN welcomes ID carrying members of the media to its annual conference subject to registering upon arrival. In such cases fees shall be waived. Journalists and their associates cannot record or take pictures during the conference sessions and they must get permission for quotations directly from conference participants; picture taking and recording are allowed only during breaks.
For the displaying of promotional materials (leaflets, catalogues, journals and books) please consider the following alternatives:
Alternative 1: Materials Displayed by FIRN on Exhibitor’s Behalf.
$200 per one square meter table payable as indicated in the Exhibitors’ Registration Form.
Post non-returnable materials directly to the conference site for display at Minoa Palace Resort & Spa.
Alternative 2: Exhibit Representative(s).
$180 registration fee* for each representative plus $200 per one square meter table payable as
indicated in the Exhibitors’ Registration Form.
Alternative 3: Exhibition Booth.
$180 registration fee* for each exhibition booth representative payable as indicated in the
Exhibitors’ Registration Form plus exhibition booth rental costs, which are to be paid directly to the
conference hotel. If interested, please contact Minoa Palace Resort & Spa.
* Registration fees for exhibit representatives include access to all conference presentations, sessions, exhibitions, activities, nutritional and coffee/tea breaks.
HELP FOR ADVERTISERS AND SPONSORS
The Frontiers in Immunology Research Network (FIRN) makes available advertising space on its web page. More specifically, it offers premier placement of Homepage Logo Buttons on its web page such as the ones below.
FIRN is visited by about 12,000 to 15,000 researchers and practitioners per year from all over the world. The annual fee for a Homepage Logo Button (**), created by the client, is $500 and it includes the following two additional benefits:
- (1) A one page, black and white, camera-ready advertisement (margins in inches: top=1.75, bottom=1.75, left=2, right=2) to be printed in the Society’s publications (International Journal of Immunological Studies and International Journal of Behavioral and Healthcare Research)
- (2) Free display of non-returnable brochures and / or books or other promotional materials during the annual FIRN Conference.
If interested, please post or fax the Advertiser’s Form and for additional information contact FIRN as follows:
FIRN, 64 Holden Street, Worcester, MA 01605-3109, USA
TELEPHONE: (508) 852-3937, FAX: (508) 595-0089
(**) The Button will appear daily and the client, subject to approval for content, may include anything that relates to the mission of FIRN.